If you cannot ring your Wistiki because the ringtone button does not appear, this means you are out of range of the Bluetooth® tracker. This may be because:
- You are out of Bluetooth® range. You can only ring your Wistiki if it is within Bluetooth® range (about 100m/328ft in an open terrain) of your smartphone/tablet. Ensure that you are within a radius that is close enough to the Bluetooth® tracker.
- You have forgotten to switch on Bluetooth®, without which the Bluetooth® tracker and your smartphone or tablet cannot communicate. Remember to activate Bluetooth®.
- One of the people connected to your Wistiki (friend, owner) is already connected to it. Two people cannot use the Bluetooth® features of a Bluetooth® tracker simultaneously. More information available in the “Bluetooth®” section.
If the problem persists, please contact us via the link “Submit a request” at the bottom of the page.
The feature used to ring your smartphone/tablet from the Wistiki is called “Wist-Back”. It is explained in the “Reverse Ringtone: Wist-Back” section.
In the main list, when you ring a Wistiki, an orange gauge appears showing your distance from the Wistiki:
This is the famous Wistiki proximity radar and when you get closer to the Wistiki. This gauge called "hot-cold radar" appears in the same way in the Information Page of the Wistikis. Ring the Wistiki to see how it works.
You can use the Wistiki services as long as your Bluetooth® is active and the application is open. If you reduce the application, you can also use the Wistiki features (wist-back, community, etc.)
However, if you close the application, your smartphone/tablet will no longer be connected to your Wistikis until you open the application again. More information available in the “Bluetooth®” section.
Bluetooth® technology allows only one connection between Bluetooth® trackers and a telephone. This is why if the owner of the Wistiki, or one of his/her friends is connected to a Wistiki, the others will see it out of reach, even if they are nearby.
If you note that one of your Wistikis is out of reach although it is nearby, ensure that one of your friends or the owner (if it is not you) is not already connected to it. Also check that your Bluetooth® is activated.
The GPS position displayed on the map by the Wistiki application corresponds to the position of the Wistiki when it was last near your smartphone. The accuracy of the address indicated for your Wistiki depends on how your telephone is configured and your environment. Wistiki uses the data transmitted by the internal GPS and/or the Wi-fi of your smartphone/tablet.
- Your GPS location is activated but you are indoors: the position accuracy is approximately 500m/1640ft.
- Your GPS location is activated and you are outdoors: this condition is more favourable, the position accuracy is approximately 10m/32ft.
Wistiki is therefore not responsible for this accuracy (which depends on GPS)
Tip for enhancing the GPS accuracy: GSE tracking is more accurate if you activate Wi-Fi. Even if you are not connected to a Wi-Fi terminal, activating the Wi-Fi on your smartphone/tablet improves the GPS tracking of your Wistiki.
Wrong GPS position: We remind you that to have access to the services of the Wistiki application, it must be open or minimized. If you force stop the application, your smartphone will no longer be connected to your Wistiki, and their position may be incorrect if they are moved.
Crowd GPS, or GPS community, is a new way of locating objects without using GPS (for which you need a subscription) by means of a community. Wistiki uses it with its Wisters (Wistiki users) to increase the effectiveness of the application beyond the Bluetooth® range. Thus, any time a Wister passes near a Wistiki Bluetooth® tracker (whether he owns it or not), its position is recovered and updated in the account of the owner and his friends. This update is automatic, anonymous and transparent to the Wister passing near the tracker. Only those people connected to the Wistiki will be able to access its new location.
When you are the owner of a Wistiki, you can share it with as many people as you wish. These people then become “friends” of the Wistiki and have access to the same features as you: ringtone, Wist-back, hot-cold radar, last position, etc. This feature is explained in detail in the “Share” section.
To know your status for a Wistiki, click on the “Share” button on the detail page of the Wistiki in question. From this page, if you can share the Wistiki or give it away, this means you are its owner. Otherwise you will access the profile of the owner who shared the Wistiki with you.
You can only do this if you are the owner of the Wistiki. You shared your Wistiki with a friend and now you wish to cancel this right. This is possible using the following procedure:
- In the Wistiki detail page, click on the “Share” button to access the Wistiki sharing area.
- Then click on “Cancel sharing”.
That’s it. You are disconnected from this Wistiki.
The email to enter when you give away your Wistiki must be an existing account as you can only give a Wistiki to another Wistiki account. Ensure that the person you are giving it to has a Wistiki account and enter the correct corresponding email.
No, as a Wistiki can only be activated once. If you have linked it to your account, the Wistiki cannot be linked to another account unless you wish to give it away, as the owner. This function is explained in the “Share” section.
If you no longer wish to see your Wistiki displayed in your list on the application main page, there are two options depending on your status:
- You are the owner of the Wistiki
You can give your Wistiki to another person who needs it, and then, cancel sharing with the tracker so as not to see it in your list.
- You are a friend of the Wistiki
You can simply cancel sharing with this Wistiki, it will no longer appear in your list.
These actions are explained in detail in the “Share” section. Be careful, they are irreversible.
No, no users are informed if you pass near their Wistiki (unless it is declared lost), just as you will not receive any information from the Wister passing near your Wistiki (unless you declared your Wistiki as lost, or it is a known user you have shared your Wistiki with). The location information for Wistiki is sent automatically and completely anonymously. It is only used to increase the location accuracy of the Wistikis in the network.
Specific case for lost Wistiki: If a Wistiki is declared lost and you pass nearby, its owner will receive a notification indicating its new position, but your identity will not be disclosed. For more details on this scenario, go to the “Loss” section.
This is the procedure we recommend if you lose a Wistiki (in this case attached to your pet’s collar).
When you realize that you have lost your pet, declare the Wistiki lost in its detail page:
- If a Wistiki users passes nearby without realising it, the new position of your animal will be sent to you automatically and anonymously by a notification on your smartphone (and/or tablet) and its last position will be updated in the application.
- If someone finds your lost pet, he/she just needs to download the Wistiki by Stark application, (easily found as all our Bluetooth® trackers have the name engraved on them). Then go to the Community section to the right of the main page and click on the button “return a Wistiki”. By following the instructions provided, a conversation will be started with you via the application chat (also located in the Community section). You will then be able to agree on how to return your pet.
For more details on losing a Wistiki, go to the “Loss" section.