In this section you will find all the detailed information related to your Wistiki.
The central icon or customized picture is displayed on this screen. It is surrounded by a circle of the color that you choose.
The following circles will float around this circle:
This bell button is available on the right hand side of each Wistiki main bar. It allows you to make your device ring whenever you are connected to the Wistiki via Bluetooth®. The state of the icon changes depending on the connection.
- Disconnected: You are not within the Bluetooth® range of your Wistiki. Or someone you shared the Wistiki with is connected to it. For more details about the Bluetooth connection, please refer to “Bluetooth®”.
- Connecting wave animation: Wistiki is in range and the app is getting connected.
- Connected: You are within the Bluetooth® range of your Wistiki and connected to your device. You can make it ring by tapping the icon. A short pressure is enough.
- Bell animation: Your Wistiki is ringing! You can stop the melody by tapping the icon again. Otherwise the device will continue ringing for 12 seconds (equivalent to playing the sonic branding 3 times).
Note: To make Wistiki ring while connected you can also click on the main icon or customized picture.
If the Wistiki has been shared, a circle will show up indicating the type of the share:
If it is filled with color this means that someone has shared this Wistiki with you. The first letter of the first name of this person is displayed.
If the circle has a white background, this means that you are the actual owner of the WIstiki and that you’ve shared it with some friends. The first letter of the first name of each of your friends will appear in the dot. In case you’ve shared it with more than 4 people, only the total number of people will be shown.
If the Bluetooth® connection is disrupted, the following dot will appear floating around the main icon:
It will allow you to declare your Wistiki as “lost” and call in for the help of the community to help you find it or locate it. If you are not familiar with this feature, please go to section “Loss”.
Once you have declared your Wistiki as lost, the page will be displayed like this:
Here’s the overview of informations displayed under the central icon:
- The name given to the Wistiki
- The last position/address which has been recorded when someone was within the Bluetooth® range of the Wistiki. Sometimes the app cannot find this location as there’s a temporary internet connection issue.
- The date when the above mentioned location was last scanned, or while Wistiki is actually connected to the Bluetooth® it will show “just now” .
Note 1: If you are sharing this device with somebody, a sentence will be shown above the bloc indicating the person(s) you’re sharing it with as well as the direction of the share (“I share with ...” or “Shared by …”)
Note 2: While the Wistiki is ringing, a proximity gauge shows up instead of the last position/address. It indicates the distance between your phone or tablet and the Wistiki showing whether you’re approaching or rather moving away.
By pressing this button you will access to all details and options of your Wistiki. More details about this feature are available in section “ Share”.
A map also shows where the Wistiki has lastly been located.
The circle surrounding the pinpoint indicates how accurate this position is. Meaning that if your internet connection is weak, the circle will be bigger and the precise position of the Wistiki is not known.
Edit your Wistiki:
You can edit the information about your Wistiki by selecting the pencil icon on the top right hand side any time. You’ll be able to customize all the information related to your device.
You can easily change:
- The name of your Wistiki
- Chose a matching picture among the suggested icons, or take a picture of the item to which it is actually attached. This will help you identify your device quicker!
- Define its color
Note: If the Wistiki is shared, please be aware that the changes will only affect your own account and your friends will not see the changes you made, so that everybody can customize the Wistiki according to the mood of the day.